Job Title: Service Technician
Prepared By: Andrea Garcia
Prepared Date: 10/1/2017
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Agora is a dynamic organization, with a talented management team and vision for growth. We are seeking Service Technicians with the same goals and ideals, to support and maintain equipment in the field and provide excellent customer service to the clients we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Punctual Team Player with Technical expertise, Inventory Control experience and excellent Customer Service. Exceptional communication, ability to handle and resolve recurring problems and logistics ability.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment functions, basic plumbing and electrical skills.
- Capable of walking client/customers through troubleshooting procedures over the phone.
- Ability to accomplish service tickets and customer needs with efficiency and excellence
- Assist team service department revenue goals including filter change revenue goals.
- Ensure appropriate care for equipment to and from delivery vehicle, advising Manager when equipment is damaged for any reason.
- Ensure appropriate care for assigned hand tools and assigned technology/tablet/phone.
- Manage van parts inventory ensuring that all parts are accounted for on service tickets to be invoiced out of inventory.
- Restock used van stock inventory daily to guarantee that you always have appropriate parts to handle service calls and installs.
- Confirm that coffee and water systems are clean and working properly after performing a service call, system cleaning or filter change.
- Perform service swaps and repairs onsite ensuring appropriate paperwork and detail of parts installed are notated on service ticket to relieve from inventory.
- Continued equipment training on current and new equipment product lines.
- Manage daily service task list assigned advising Manager of any issues.
- Perform vehicle checklist for service vehicle assigned, advising Manager when any vehicle damage or maintenance issues arise and perform regular service on vehicle.
- Perform excellent Customer Service paying detail to Agora’s 24-Hour Service Promise, advise Manager should any issues in the field arise with a client.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with great attention to detail
- Impressive leadership and problem-solving capabilities
- Inventory control and service procedure experience
- Valid driver’s license and good driving recorded is mandatory
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Benefits after Introductory Period: Paid vacation/sick/holidays. Health, dental, and vision Insurance. Opportunity for advancement/annual reviews. Growing Company Benefits!
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, invoices, SOP's and instructions; write routine reports and correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one situation and small group situations to customers or vendors, and other employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, discounts, interest and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to identify problems and escalate them.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is typically performed in a warehouse and office environment, with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. To perform the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms to type frequently throughout the day and reach and stoop to stock warehouse product shelves and other warehouse functions. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form. The incumbent will regularly be required to lift 50 pounds of inventory product alone and use pallet jack and forklift.
Our name originates from the Greek word Agora which was a central spot in ancient Greek city-states. The literal meaning of the word is "gathering place" or "assembly". The agora was the center of athletic, artistic, spiritual and political life of the city.
The name “Agora” is a statement that we have set out to be a different kind of Refreshment Company. Our consultants main objective it to create a gathering place for conversation and a sense of community, bringing about a feeling of connection between our client companies and their valued employees and customers.
Our ownership consists of a father and son team both born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. With a combined experience of over 50 years in service industries, we know the value of quality products, customer service, and strong client relationships. We know that anybody can fulfill orders, but our clients decide to work with us because we build the best solution for their unique needs. We define expectations, offer value, and follow through. That is our formula for success.
Bringing our passion for coffee, health and hydration, and innovative solutions to the modern breakroom and hospitality segment.
Agora’s vision is to become the market innovator and leader in the refreshment markets that we operate. We will continually seek to invest in technology to make us more responsive, lean, and grow so that we can optimize the overall service experience for our clients. We want to drive revolutionary programs that disrupt the status quo, and focus on sustainability, providing healthier options, and supplying customer demand. We want to grow swiftly through a motivated sales force without sacrificing quality or our obligation to those who support us. We are not satisfied with anything less than excellence, and should follow through from every point of contact. Lastly, we will return our success through goodwill programs that support our community and the greater good.
- Be positive and solution oriented
- Promote actions that contribute to the growth and overall success of Agora
- Be a team player
- Be Ethical
- Be your best “you” everyday
- Promote effective communication
- Listen to our customers, they are our greatest asset
- Promote a safe, fun, and healthy work environment
Our Service Promise: We add value to our clients by meeting with them and understanding their unique needs and goals which include but not limited to:
• Competitive Pricing:
• Customer Service:
• Family Owned and Local:
• High End Premium Product Selection:
• Focus On Environmentally friendly products and global responsibility
• The “new age” breakroom” concept
• Technological advancement
Company Website: www.agorawa.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)